1.2 Data Controller
- If your country of residence is the United States, the Data Controller is YOLOFarms, Inc.
- If your country of residence is Japan, the Data Controller is YOLOFarms Global Services Limited (“YOLOFarms GSL”), except where you book a Host Service located outside of Japan or create a Listing located outside of Japan, in which case the Data Controller is YOLOFarms Ireland for that transaction. Additionally, if you reside in Japan, YOLOFarms Ireland will be the Data Controller for all bookings confirmed prior to June 13, 2018 at 3PM UTC.
1.3 Applicability to Payments
- If your country of residence is the United States, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments, Inc. (a subsidiary of YOLOFarms, Inc.).
- If your country of residence is India, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments India, except in the following circumstances: - if you book a Host Service located outside of India; - if you create a Listing outside of India, in which case, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments UK. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this clause, if you create a Listing in India, and: - accept a booking from a Guest who is a resident of India, regardless of your country of residence, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments India; or - accept a booking from a Guest who is not a resident of India, regardless of your country of residence, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments UK.
- If your country of residence is Australia, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments UK, except if you book a Host Service located in or outside of Australia, which is confirmed after January 9, 2019 at 1:00 AM UTC, in which case, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments Australia Pty. Ltd. (“YOLOFarms Payments Australia”) for that transaction.
- If your country of residence is in the European Union, the Payment Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments UK. On or after March 25, 2019, any change of the Payment Data Controller to YOLOFarms Payments Luxembourg S.A., if any, will be notified to you at the time of checkout or by other appropriate means.
- If your country of residence is outside of the United States, China, India and Australia, the Payments Data Controller is YOLOFarms Payments UK.
If you change your country of residence, the Data Controller and/or Payments Data Controller will be determined by your new country of residence as specified above, from the date on which your country of residence changes. To this end the Data Controller and/or Payment Data Controller that originally collected your personal information will need to transfer such personal information to the new applicable Data Controller and/or Payments Data Controller due to the fact that such transfer is necessary for the performance of the contractual relationship with you. Please see the Contact Us section below for contact details of the Data Controllers and Payments Data Controllers.
WE COLLECT There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the YOLOFarms Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the YOLOFarms Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an YOLOFarms Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the YOLOFarms Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information. To learn more, see our Help Center article about providing identification on YOLOFarms.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the YOLOFarms Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via YOLOFarms Payments).
- Communications with YOLOFarms and other Members. When you communicate with YOLOFarms or use the YOLOFarms Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using YOLOFarms Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your YOLOFarms profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the YOLOFarms Platform, like inviting them to use YOLOFarms.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your YOLOFarms Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through Host Stories), or use other features of the YOLOFarms Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as antimoney laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Host, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the YOLOFarms Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the YOLOFarms Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the YOLOFarms Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the YOLOFarms Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. YOLOFarms may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- sage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the YOLOFarms Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the YOLOFarms Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the YOLOFarms Platform, even if you have not created an YOLOFarms Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the YOLOFarms Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the YOLOFarms Platform.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the YOLOFarms Platform currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. YOLOFarms Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the YOLOFarms Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and YOLOFarms Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
YOLOFarms and YOLOFarms Payments may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the YOLOFarms Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the YOLOFarms Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your YOLOFarms Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your YOLOFarms public profile page with your consent. To learn more, see our Help Center article about References.
- Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, YOLOFarms and YOLOFarms Payments may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, YOLOFarms and YOLOFarms Payments may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products (such a YOLOFarms for work and programs with property managers and owners) may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals. If you are invited to YOLOFarms, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the YOLOFarms Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the YOLOFarms Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with YOLOFarms Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the YOLOFarms Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the YOLOFarms Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the YOLOFarms Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the YOLOFarms Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the YOLOFarms Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions, ranking search results), and facilitate claims with our Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance, Experience Protection Insurance or other similar host protection programs, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the YOLOFarms Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the YOLOFarms Platform, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the YOLOFarms Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about YOLOFarms or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by YOLOFarms or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the YOLOFarms Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any YOLOFarms Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an YOLOFarms Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities (for example, when you share your Host story, we may use the information provided to reach out to you to invite you to relevant events).
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected.
We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your YOLOFarms Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by YOLOFarms partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the YOLOFarms Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by YOLOFarms. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider. Please note that you may, at any time ask YOLOFarms to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
4.2 Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The YOLOFarms Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location (where you have provided your consent), Listing description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the YOLOFarms Platform (such as the Listing page).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the YOLOFarms Platform, that content is publicly visible
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the YOLOFarms Platform we may display parts of the YOLOFarms Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by YOLOFarms’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed. Information you share publicly on the YOLOFarms Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
4.3 Additional Services by Hosts.
Hosts may need to use third party services available through the YOLOFarms Platform to assist with managing their Accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the YOLOFarms Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the stay, managing the Accommodation, or providing other services. Hosts are responsible for third party service providers they use and ensuring those service providers process Guest information securely and in compliance with applicable law including data privacy and data protection laws.
4.4 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
YOLOFarms and YOLOFarms Payments may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against YOLOFarms, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of YOLOFarms, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the YOLOFarms Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon YOLOFarms’s property, its Members and the YOLOFarms Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.5 Business Transfers.
4.5.1 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your YOLOFarms Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your YOLOFarms Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to be able to check into the farm.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in. According to government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person above the age of 18 staying at the farm. The identification proofs accepted are Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, and Passport. Without Original copy of valid ID the guest will not be allowed to check-in.
- PAN card is not accepted as a valid ID card.
- Stay of 1 child up to 5 years of age is complementary without the use of extra mattress. Breakfast charges may be applicable for the child.
- Should any action by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the farm, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the farm, the farm reserves the right, after the allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest.
- Certain destinations may have different policies for specific times during the year.
- Guests shall be liable for any damage, except normal wear and tear to farm asset. Guest shall keep the farm in a good condition and maintain hygiene and cleanliness.
- Certain policies are booking specific and are informed to the customer while making the booking. (House-Rules)
- No Smoking Policy & No alcohol (Including all Drugs) for YOLOFarms: We really take pride in keeping all our farms fresh and clean, and discourage smoking or any other illegal activities in the farms.
- As we continue to strive to improve our services, YOLO may reach out to guests to get a feedback of their experience through calls or messages.